Sunday 26 May 2013

Five Star Songs: Cocteau Twins- Persephone


"Persephone" by Scottish dream pop band Cocteau Twins is taken from the band's masterpiece album Treasure. This song was never released as a single but is a personal favourite of mine from a list of numerous genius Cocteau Twins' songs.

I remember when I was a kid, sitting on my parent's back porch on hot summer days, and listening to both Treasure and Victorialand, over and over again. This band was special to me when I was growing up and got me through some difficult times.

The band reissued Treasure on 180g vinyl a couple of years ago and it is recommended that you listen to it on a record player for maximum listening pleasure. It truly is a beautiful album. You can find it on Amazon or check your local record store.






No comments:

Post a Comment