Monday 1 October 2012

New Music: Still Corners- Fireflies



Still Corners are one of those bands who are really good but do not get a lot of hype-as evidenced by my own forgetfulness. When the band came out with their new single, Fireflies, last week I went to my iTunes library to re-visit their great album 2011 album, Creatures of an Hour, but found nothing.  I had streamed the album on Rdio when it came out last year but had neglected to buy it. Now I have put it on the top of my list of "must buy" albums and I intend to pick it up on vinyl.

Meanwhile, Still Corners will be releasing Fireflies on 7"which will only be available on their European tour.  However, the swooning icy cool synth pop song is available for download via Soundcloud. Expect a new album sometime in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment